moments

moments

Monday, December 29, 2008

Blog #1

Just about time to wish everyone a healthy, happy, peaceful and loving new year. xo
I am creating this site to share some of my own writings, among other things...photos and whatever else rises to the sweet surface.
Now that I have created 5 chapbooks* from some of my work, and am much more comfortable doing readings* I am hoping to be able to share some of what 'writes me', so keep me in mind if you would like to be a host, (which by the way does not have a gender...as hostess does) as I would be honored. I do have copies and I do sell them..

*chapbooks from the dictionary is 'a small book or pamphlet containing poems, ballads, stories or religious tracts' , among the types...romantic tales of chivalry, cookbooks, guides to fortune telling and magic, religious and moral instruction, and bawdy tales...i like to believe my own include all of this and more! because I include some of my own photographs they also are thought of as 'popular prints'. A chapman was a 16th century peddler spreading words to the common people.
*readings..an official and/or public recitation of written material.
I have done many readings with groups both here in the states and in Baja California Sur, (Baja, Mexico) and have been the solo featured reader at the Saturday Afternoon Club in Ukiah, California and most recently here in Montpelier at Westview Meadows. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment